Thursday, December 20, 2007

More prayer needed...

My nephew, Luke, is in the PICU right now. His mother (my sister) took him in yesterday for his four month check up and found out he has RSV and pneumonia. She has taken him in before (once to the ER and another time to the doctor) and both times he was sent home. They never did the RSV test on him. Well, he had gotten worse and when she took him in yesterday he was admitted immediately. He was actually driven to the hospital by ambulance. As a mother I know that must've been pretty scary for Courtnie. I haven't talked to Courtnie yet today, but as of last night he was still receiving breathing treatments, an IV (for dehydration), and his breathing and heart rate were being monitored. I feel bad for Luke but I also feel for Courtnie too. It is NOT fun being in the hospital with a sick little one ( I know first hand...) and it is also NOT fun spending your days alone. I hope to get up there tonight and see Luke and Courtnie. It's about a two hour drive but I know how much it meant to me when people came to visit Noah in the hospital. So I am going to make the long trek- I just hope Tim will get back at a decent time today. I don't want to be out on the roads too late tonight. Please keep little Luke in your prayers as his body recovers. My life has been crazy...why does everything always happen at once? What's next?!

Speaking of the things happening in my life- my Grandpa's funeral went well. I got some of my crying out 'before' we had to sing so I was able to sing the song without any problems. It was a day of pondering the sweet memories we all hold of our dear Grandfather. He was the 'center' of our family (extended). Grandma was doing pretty well. She does understand that he isn't here anymore. She forgets everyday, but when someone reminds her (only because she'll say he walked out on her) she starts sobbing and it all comes back to her. It was sad to see her crying...it made me cry. She is so frail and mentally feeble. I fear she won't be here as long as we'd like her to be either. My dear grandparents...oh how I miss them both...

Little Luke Daniel...isn't he just too cute for words?

3 comments:

Becky @ Boys Rule My Life said...

It is so scary to have such a little one sick. Please keep us posted.

In Him,

Becky

Morning Rose said...

My friend's son had RSV as a baby too, was hospitalized, and then got better. We'll keep praying.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Yikes, how scary. Please keep us updated.