Friday, December 14, 2007

Prayer...

My Grandfather passed away this morning. He has been sick for awhile and recently started having problems with a blockage in his colon (due to cancer). His Hospice nurse had said that if it didn't resolve itself quickly it could possibly take him within a matter of days. It did. I would like to ask if you could be praying for my mom and her two sisters and brother as they they proceed with funeral details. I'm sad but I am also relieved that my dear Grandpa doesn't have to suffer anymore. He has been in and out of the hospital for about five years now and I think he was just plain wore out. Also pray for my grandma as she is not mentally well and my grandfather was the one primarily taking care of her. I don't even know if she quit understands what is going on. They (grandpa and grandma) have been living with my aunt for the last week or so and I'm assuming my aunt will continue caring for my grandma. Did I mention my aunt is also battling stage four breast cancer? She is a pretty strong woman though and luckily she seems to be handling the chemo great. Oh yeah, and she has ten children (yes, you read that right...)- seven of which are still at home! Anyway, please keep my family in your prayers as we go through this 'transitional' stage of our life. I will keep you posted!

I love you Grandpa! I pray you are spending your eternity in Heaven safe in the arms of our Lord!

7 comments:

Becky @ Boys Rule My Life said...

I'm still pretty new to your blog, but I wanted to let you know that I will pray for your family. There is always comfort in knowing that someone is praying for you.

Brittany - 4 little MEN said...

I'm so sorry to hear.... we'll say a prayer for you and your family.

tacky said...

Sara, we will be praying for you all! I will check in with you to see if there is anything that you need. Kari

Morning Rose said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa passing away. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Tiff said...

Sara, I'm so sorry hon! Sounds to me that he was loved. I'll be praying for you and your family!

Laura said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Will be praying for the whole extended family!

Anonymous said...

This is Julie....I am so sorry to hear about your Granpa. You will be in my prayers!