Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday and other 'things'...

Before I start my 'Tackle it Tuesday' I'd like to share my thought for the day...or week...or month...however you'd like to look at it. Here it is: Why do Police men make you feel like a criminal when they pull you over for 'speeding' (when you honestly did not know you were speeding. Hey, I thought it was 55 not 35 zone- seriously! I was going 48...sigh.). Also- why don't I ever get warnings? Everybody else does! It's not like this happens to me allot! (Second ticket ever...first one in over 2 years) Ugh...

Before and after shots of my sewing room. I would cringe every time I set foot in here. The door would always stay 'shut'. That way I'd forget about it. ;) Well, I finally decided I needed to 'tackle' this nightmare of mine. It was just awful- as you can see in the pictures! I rounded up my the two oldest boys and we got to work. You know- young children can be an immense help when cleaning and organizing. They're are good trash-throwers and they can put things where they need to be. My two oldest help me allot with picking up, organizing, throwing their clothes in the dirty clothes, Jonathan sometimes vacuums, they also will wipe down my kitchen counters when asked and they love to 'help' me cook and bake. Anyway- they helped me accomplish my 'tackles' yesterday. We got both rooms done in about and hour. Not too bad...and yes, it took me this long to finally get my sewing room done. It's truly, very sad...I know.




Before and after shots of the boy's room. You can't tell by these just how much organizing I really did. It was more 'cluttered' then it looks in these pictures- honest.



Also- a quick prayer request (AGAIN). My sister's (my 'other' married sister) baby, Chloe, is in the hospital. She had a high fever yesterday and Cassie took her into the doctors. Her fever had reached almost 105 degrees and so they admitted her. All I know is that her white blood cell count was over 300,000 and they had tested her for the flu and it was negative. They were (as of last night) still in the process of figuring out what was going on with her. I've tried to call Cassie this morning and see what's going on and if they've figured anything else out, but I haven't been able to get a hold of her. Once I hear something I'll let you know. I don't know what it is with our kids and being in the hospital...sheesh!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Aw sorry about the ticket!

LOVE the rooms! They look great! :)

4 Little Men said...

Oh that stinks! I have never had a speeding ticket... but my husband makes up for that. :)

the rooms look great... when we had 3 boys they all shared a room. Now it's 2-2.

I say a prayer for Chloe

Brittany

Morning Rose said...

Great job on the sewing room and on the boys' room! It's fun to work with the kids. Yesterday my boys and I shoveled the driveway after the snow plow came through the street. It was nice to get outside in the sun and comparatively warm temps!

Kathryn said...

Wow! That is quite the clean up!
Good job!

More prayers headed your way. Keep us posted.

jesnicole said...

MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU, YOUR SISTER, AND HER LITTLE ONE.

a joyful nusiance said...

The rooms look great....can you come to my house and do that?? ~Julie

Shari said...

I have had such a hard time getting organized these days. My house is a wreck but I have no will to do it all. What's wrong with me, anyway? I will pray for your precious niece, Chloe. That white count is pretty scarey.

Blessings!

Shari

Melissa said...

Great tackle, looks great!

Becky @ Boys Rule My Life said...

WOW! You've been busy! Looks great!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Woww- your place looks great--can you come to my house:)

I will say a prayer for Cloe.