Monday, March 24, 2008

Best Shot and Meal Plan

Happy belated Easter everyone! Tim and I went down to my mom and step-father's house yesterday for a nice Easter dinner- we had also joined them at church. The meal consisted of ham,mashed potatoes and gravy, potato casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole (!yummy!), broccoli cheese and rice casserole, rolls, a relish tray, strawberry pretzel salad and cake. It was so delicious! My mom and sisters did an excellent job! I only brought drinks. This is a first. Honestly, it was really nice to be able to come and just enjoy the food and fellowship. Tim and I had brought my brother (he goes to college about an hour away from us) and one of his friends down with us. They had spent the night the night before with us. Tim and I really enjoyed talking with them. We stayed up until 1:30 a.m. Saturday night watching a movie (which we all agreed was a waste of our time) and talking. Obviously, the next day was busy. We got up, got ready and then drove the hour and a half down to my parent's church. After the service was over we then drove to my parent's house (a half hour away), had some dinner and spent a wonderful afternoon with them. We then had to drove into the suburbs (of Chicago- about an hour and a half away) and picked up my husband's trailer (for delivering jobs) at my brother-in-laws new church. They had borrowed it to move this past weekend. We then drove the hour and a half back home. We pretty much made a big circle. It was allot of driving- about 5 1/2 hours! Once we got home Daniel and Courtney (yes, he's a guy) left and Tim decided he'd go into work since they have a job they have needed to get done. He left at around 11:00 p.m.- I hated having to spend the night alone again. =( Luckily, I was so tired I didn't care once I was asleep. Tim said that would happen (yes, I'm admitting he was right). So, here I sit. It's 10:40 a.m. and I haven't gotten much of anything done yet. I think I'm going to make today officially a 'lazy' day. We'll get the basics done but I'm not going to have high expectations about getting anything else done.

I'm going to give you an 'idea' of what our meal menu looks like this week. I'm going to try and use up allot of the contents of our freezer. Here's the basic idea-

Monday- Fish, rice and steamed veggies

Tuesday- Leftovers (I'm pretty sure Tims going to be gone)

Wednesday- Skillet meal

Thursday- Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes (either mashed or made into fries) and possibly rice (?)

Friday- Meatloaf, Au Gratin potatoes and steamed veggies

Saturday- Possibly dinner out (?)- if not, then possibly homemade pizza and movie night

Sunday- Unplanned...

Lunches:
1 of these-
Peanut butter and honey sandwich
Mac N' Cheese
Hot dogs

With 1 or 2 of these-
Carrot sticks
Sliced apples
Raisins
Chips
Applesauce

Breakfasts:
1 of these-
Cereal
Toast
Baked Oatmeal

And here's my best shot! I didn't take allot of pictures this week- so this is going to have to be it for now. Tim was tired after eating so much good food and crashed on my mom's couch! Aww...he's even cute when he's sleeping (with his mouth open...)!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh. my. gosh. That best shot is AMAZING! I love getting photos of my hubby, like that!!! hahaha.

Also- do you make your own Gratin potatoes or do you buy boxed ones? I am looking for a good homemade version. Thanks! :)

Courtnie said...

I want to see more pictures from yesterday! I think that would be funny.

Elaine A. said...

That is a good shot!! Has he seen it yet? LOL! ; )

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

I think most woman can relate to seeing their man snooze after a hearty meal! I know I sure can!

4 Little Men said...

Hubby has fallen asleep many time on my parents couch. :)

Brittany