Friday, March 7, 2008

Nothin' in my noggin'!

I am officially bringing up a blank when it comes to what to write for a post today. As you may have noticed a took a little 'bloggy' break yesterday. Honestly, it felt good. I was hardly even on the computer until the boys went to bed for the night. I then watched You Tube documentary videos until Tim got home (at 10:30 p.m.). Yay, good times...uhem. I did find a neat video that I wanted to share. I tried to post it on my blog, but it wasn't coming up. I'll try again later today. I think you'd really enjoy it.

My sister, Courtnie, came for a visit to let my boys see my nephew, Luke. It was nice seeing him (oh, and Courtnie too). He seems to be doing so much better. He is still a tiny, little guy but he'll eventually grow, right? Cf-ers usually have a hard time growing because they don't absorb food like we do. Luke's diet will have to be very 'high' calorie. As his doctor said- the 'dream diet'. He can have as much donuts,pizza, ice cream potato chips and fried food as he wants! The more fat and grease the better! ;) Lucky kid! Anywho- I made some homemade pizza for lunch and Court and I just bummed on the couch for a few hours. The boys had a great time with Luke and it was nice to have an excuse for taking a day off school. Mommies need days off too you know!

I have been in my house now since Monday night. I'm kind of getting to the point where I'd really like to get out and see 'civilization'- besides the wild hooligans I see every day- a.k.a my children. I've been a little bit paranoid because I don't want to drive on a ticket. Plus, our suburban needs it's plates renewed. I know, I could always do it online- which I probably will today. I've been waiting for some money or else I would've gotten them renewed sooner. Ugh...I think it is just crazy how much we give to the government! I mean really- think about it. Once you buy a house that house technically isn't yours. Even once you have paid the full and complete mortgage on your home you still have to pay property taxes every year! It's not a small amount either. I'm not totally against taxes I just wish they wouldn't tax you as much as they do. I would be for taxing a set amount when you first buy a house and then after you've paid that and the mortgage you're done. The house is yours and you're free of any future taxes. Then the house would officially and truly be yours. Sheesh- c'mon if someone didn't pay their property taxes the government has the right to take their paid- for- house away from them! I have a small problem with that...honestly, I do. So what do we get for paying property taxes and/or income taxes? The use of a library, public park or public school (which we don't use)? We still pay for garbage removal, water and can get fined if we don't shovel our sidewalks. Oh...that's right people can get food stamps, public aid, cash allowances and other such help. So basically, the rich and the middle class pay for the poor and/or ( sensitive subject I know) the unmotivated or lazy. Also- why do 'non' citizens get special treatment when it comes to government help? Do they pay taxes like we do? I don't know...that's why I'm asking.

Hmm... I don't know what you all may think but sometimes I have a hard time viewing our country as being a totally free country. Don't get me wrong- I love,love, LOVE the country I'm living in and I thank the Lord quit often for allowing me to be born and raised here. It's a great and wonderful country- we just ,unfortunately, have many weaknesses, flaws and corruption just like any other country. Anyway- sorry if I offended anyone. It's just something I was thinking about. It wasn't a rant it was just a thought and concern. I don't even know how I got on the subject. I know it's probably a sensitive one. Because Democrats are for raising taxes and Republicans are for lowering taxes. Clearly our country is divided so clearly this subject would be one of controversy. And yes, I know- reverence unto Caesar which is Caesar's- which we do. That's we we always pay our taxes whether we like it or not. Once again...just my thoughts and opinion on the matter of taxes. I'll stop now- because I know there are some of you who are probably upset with me. I'm sorry for that- I did not want to offend anyone. I guess there was something in my noggin' after all! ;)

I'll leave you with this cute little picture of Luke and Jonathan taken yesterday.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Brave woman! I try not to talk politics on my blog, because I avoid controversy at all costs. It is amazing, however, how much money we give to the government. Maybe that's our payment for being free? Who knows. We actually specifically bought our home in an area where property taxes are lower. Had we moved 1 mile west, we would be paying almost 3-times what we are paying now. No joke... 3-times! It is pretty sickening, isn't it?

Love the picture, btw! :) What sweet boys!

Bethany said...

The picture is so,so,cute!!I think he's starting to look like Noah.Well,Love ya lots!

Elaine A. said...

Hey there-
Did you ever see that I tagged you for a meme?

It's on my post from last Monday if you still want to participate. No biggie, I just wanted to make sure you saw it!

Elaine - The Miss Elaine-ous Life

P.S. CUTE BOYS!!

mom2mine said...

Well, we are feeling all feisty now aren't we? LOL. I agree with you wholeheartedly!