Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday- Frugality


I haven't had anytime lately to blog because I have been working hard at trying to make some money online. Therefor I haven't had any 'computer time' left for my blogging. I set up a Cash Crate account last night (at about 11:00 p.m.) and I now have $18.00 worth of earnings pending and another $2.75 that is cleared and mine (hey, that's more than I had last night). It takes some time and honestly I'm not sure if I'm doing it all right, but even if I make an extra $100 a month I'll be happy. I think I can handle that. I also have to start an Etsy shop today too. I have some past sewing projects that need to be sold. They've been sitting in my sewing room for awhile- I might as well get something for them. I've also been thinking of selling flannel burp rags or something similar also. They are easy to make and they are so much nicer than store-bought burp rags. I've only ever used my (or my mother-in-laws) handmade burp rags for my babies. I honestly wouldn't use anything else. Plus, I have a HUGE assortment of cute flannel fabric in my stock pile.

I've also been busy coupon clipping! I've never done this before and now I could kick myself for not ever taking the time to take advantage of coupons. I subscribed to the Chicago Tribune- just for the Sunday paper. I get a large amount of my coupons from there. I have also been checking out Money Saving Mom and she gives allot of different links and ideas on saving money. It's very interesting. I also started the CVS thing and LOVE IT! Here is an example of what you can save with coupons and your CVS card.

I bought (all items were on sale):
Dove body wash
Dial bar soap
Facial Tissue
Men's deodorant
1 Bic Soleil razor
1 package Bic Soleil 4 count cartridges
1 Crest toothpaste

Grand total before coupons, sales and Extra Care Bucks: $27.89

Grand Total after coupons and sales: $17.32

Extra Care Bucks back: $7.00 (to use at a later time)

I'm still trying to prefect this system. I'm getting better the more I do it. I'll keep you up to date on how I do in the future. Well, that pretty much sums up my 'Tackle it Tuesday'. Hope you all have a great 'Tackle it Tuesday' also!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Ahhh yea... I love CVS! :) It does take some time to get used to the system, but once you get the hang of it, you can really do well!!!

Sherry said...

I am a CVS-er! I have been for about 1-1/2 years and I love it. Money Saving Mom is the best! I am also a couponer -- it's amazing how many things you can get for free or nearly free with just a little work!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2008/03/tackle-it-tuesday.html

Jessica said...

I have been doing CashCrate for a couple of weeks and have $1.55. How in the world did you get so much money in one night? I have tried every day for the 2 surveys and have yet to qualify for one. Are you using your CC# for some of the deals to make big bucks? Please let me know your secret.

bargainbananablog@yahoo.com

Rick Rack Attack said...

Good luck on your etsy shop. Let me know if you are selling any aprons & I'll add to my blog links.

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Great Tackle. I tried to add you to favorites and you were already there.
Guess my Tackle for next week should be to visit some of my favorites *lol*

Jinxy & Me said...

Great job with your money-making efforts! I really miss shopping at CVS. (I now live about 40 minutes away from the nearest one.)