Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Walking for Luke


I wonder if you can help me with a very special request.

I recently made a commitment to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to help raise money to find a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF)—a life-threatening genetic disease. I made this commitment because as an Aunt I would like to benefit this foundation as best as I can. I am walking in honor of my nephew, Luke.

On June 14th, I will be participating in the walk held at Naperville's Riverwalk Grand Pavilion and raising money and awareness for the CF Foundation. As a participant, I have committed to raising $500. Which seems like allot but I know with everyone's help I can meet my goal.

Here’s where my special request comes in…I am asking you to help me meet this goal by making a generous contribution that will support the research and care programs of the CF Foundation and help find a cure for nephew, Luke. Luke along with 30,000 others like him need our help. It’s important for you to know that the CF Foundation is a very efficient organization and that more than 88 cents of every dollar of revenue raised is used to support CF research, care and education.

You can click here and it should direct you as to where to donate.

I would like to raise the money before the walk (June 14th), however, I will gladly accept any and all donations after that date, as well. Any amount that you can donate will be greatly appreciated and all contributions are 100 percent tax deductible.

I sincerely appreciate your support and generosity and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this!

2 comments:

jesnicole said...

YOU'RE SO SWEET TO DO ALL THAT. :)

Brittany said...

That is an amazing act of kindness! :)