Saturday, May 31, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
He has decided that now is a good time for change. The business is slow (to the point of pathetically sad) and they need to move equipment to a different shop anyway-if we were to continue with the business. So we have been sending off resumes left and right. It's quite an impressive resume too! He has gotten one offer on a job. It seems pretty impressive too. He'd be making almost twice what he's making now, getting good benefits and doing what he loves- making things 'custom' and 'unique'. The only downfall is that it is a good 1 1/2 hour away. We would eventually have to move and the real estate is quite a bit more expensive there then where we are living now. So, we are still keeping our eyes open. It's so hard to be patient! I hate not knowing what we are doing! I just keep trusting the Lord will show us something. Please pray that my husband will find a job suiting to him. He is optimistic about a change but also feeling a little like a failure because he couldn't make the business work. He really could use some encouraging news.
So that's our change. May not seem like much to some people, but to us this is major! He has had this business for 16 years and it's hard to say good bye to something that been a part of your life for a decade and a half. It was his passion. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we try to follow God's leading in our lives. Please pray he'll give us a definite answer. I'll keep you updated on th whole job hunting process- something Tim's only done one other time in his life (he's not a quieter- can you tell?). Thanks so much and have a wonderful day! =)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Monday, May 19, 2008
to do a 'Five Things About Me Meme'.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
1. Chasing around my first-born- he was almost a year old.
2. Living in the basement apartment underneath my in-laws. There were pros and cons to this.
3. I became a Mary Kay beauty consultant- it lasted under a year. Just not for me- I didn't believe in the product. I also felt too 'pressured'.
4. Got my first washer and dryer set! It was so much fun doing laundry for only three. =)
5. Tried to support my husband in his business. It was a tough year financially.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
1.Do school with Jonathan (this is our last week!!!!)2. Excerise.
3. Do my devotions.
4. Take my shower and get ready.
5. Go grocery shopping and mail Netflix movies.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Hummus with corn chips. I just made some homemade last night. I had my husband try it and he said it tasted like what he'd imagine baby puke to taste like. I think he's crazy! It's so good- I ate a plateful! =P
3. Chocolate chip cookies. MmmmmMmmmm.....!
4. Kettle corn.
5. Fresh cut fruit- especially watermelon.
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Buy a house. Nothing extravagant- just something nice and large but modest.
2. Buy another vehicle.
3. Set aside money for future weddings and college funds.
4. Give to those who were in need. I would love to be able to just buy someone a new car or a house...or something....! It would be so cool to have that ability!
5. Give to medical research. Especially to ALS research and CF research. Two diseases I've seen the devastation of firsthand.
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Nagging my hubby.
3. Checking my e-mail repeatedly throughout the day.
4. OCD when it comes to the cleanliness of my house! It's never as clean as I'd like it- see #2!
5. Making paper piles on the computer desk instead of just going through it and putting it all where it needs to be! It drives my husband crazy!
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Babysitter to various families.
2. Student. Ha!
5. Cook and live-in maid.
(As you can probably tell I've never had a 'real' job. By the world's standards that is...!)
What five people do you want to tag?
3. Morning Rose
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Yesterday I 'tackled' cleaning our carpet. I borrowed my brother-in-laws handy, dandy little carpet cleaner ( I think I've been watching too much 'Blue's Clues') and went to town! I took me a few hours but it was well worth the effort. I was able to get allot of the stains out. The only downsize is we had to walk around on wet carpet all day...
Noah decided he wanted to help me...take note of the wet pants.
Can you believe that was in our carpet? Can you say, YUCK?!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Monday~ Burgers on the grill and corn on the cob
Tuesday~ Salmon on the grill and a berry spinach salad (with poppyseed dressing)
Wednesday~ Chicken or steak tacos with all the fixins
Thursday~ Spaghetti and berry salad (maybe some garlic bread too)
Friday~ Steak on the grill (was told to eat more red meat...) and berry salad
Saturday~ Pizza and movie night
Sunday~ Grilled chicken and berry salad (what else???)
Okay, as you may have noticed I love grilling out and I love spinach salads (especially with some kind of berries- I'm going to buy strawberries and blueberries this week!)! Salads and grilling out are some of the best parts about summer! You just can't get the same flavor from broiling, frying, or baking your meat. Nope...there isn't anything quite like grilling!
Friday, May 9, 2008
1. Who is your man? Tim a.k.a The Mister Tim Man (long story...)
2. How long have you been together? Almost eight and married almost seven
3. How long dated? A year...
4. How old is your man? He's 12 1/2 years older than me so that makes him 37...yes, he's an old man... ;)
5. Who eats more? Normally him but if he's busy with work and doesn't eat all day than I do.
6. Who said “I love you” first? I think it was him
7. Who is taller? He is...I'm 5'6" and he's 6'
8. Who sings better? That's a toss up...
9. Who is smarter? I am in certain areas and he is in certain areas it just depends what the subject is.
10. Whose temper is worse? Oh, definitely mine!
11. Who does the laundry? Me. He's never done a single load of laundry since being married to me.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Both...him if he's home me when he's not.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Depends on which way you look. From the bottom- me...from the top- him.
14. Who pays the bills? He makes the money I pay the bills.
15. Who is better with the computer? I am.
16. Who mows the lawn? He does now but he says I'll have to do it for most of the summer.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me- unless I'm gone than he'll make the boys mac n' cheese, frozen pizza, hot dogs, ect.
18. Who drives when you are together? He does unless he wants to sleep.
19. Who pays when you go out? Mostly him I guess...
20. Who is most stubborn? We both are stubborn- in different ways.
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably me.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine.
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me...uhem...
24. Who asked who out? He asked me out...
25. Who proposed? He did and he did a good job too!
26. Who is more sensitive? I am. HELLO?! I'm a woman!
27. Who has more friends? Hmmmm....I don't know. I never counted them up.
28. Who has more siblings? I do.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? He does but sometimes I like to try them on...and they don't fit very well...
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Three of our wild children...they make cute orangutans don't they?
Mister orangutan...he was pretty smelly...that tells you how close we were to him...maybe five feet or so...
Check those hands out..they were HUGE!
Who's the king of the rock?
Wild humans..err I mean Austin and a friend...
Prairie dogs...these are the cutest little guys.
Buffalo...Noah wanted to pet these...
A sleeping flamingo...and a pretty flower!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I decided on this photo because mothered to me is taking the time to 'stop' and take a picture- no matter how upset you are at the moment. The frustration fades away (quickly) and if you have a picture you can laugh about it later (and blog about it...). Plus, you need those little photo memories to share with future spouses, right? ;)
1~ I love to sleep in and am NOT a morning person! Unfortunately, my kids like to get up around 6:30 a.m.
2~ I enjoy home cooked food but lately I haven't enjoyed cooking the home cooked food. I wish I had someone that would come and cook for me or at least clean the kitchen up after me.
3~ I think I have ALS (what my dad died of)- my nerves twitch all the time! It'd really stink if I had ALS because I'd really like to see my grandchildren...sigh...
4~ I used to wish I could be a model when I was younger. Unfortunately I knew I couldn't be. I had three things going against me- acne, large nose and too short (I'm only 5'6"). Blah...now I also weigh too much and have too wide of hips. Not that I think I have what it takes anyways...
5~ I have to make myself eat (unless someone cooks for me). I don't mind feeding my children (they eat differently than I do) but when it comes to myself I just don't want to take the time. Plus, lately food just doesn't sound all that good to me. I like to snack on pretzels, dried or fresh fruit, popcorn, ice cream (rarely), ect. I actually don't eat a 'real' meal until the evening and that's only if Tim is home. Trust me- this is not over weight obsession or anything it's just me.
6~ I'm paranoid about my children's safety. When I take them out I either worry someone is going to take them or they're going to get hit by a car (my kids have come close before). I'm constantly like- where are you, come here, hold my hand, stay with me, what are you doing, WATCH OUT, stop running, and on and on and on...it's plain exhausting!
7~ Sometimes I yell and it's not pretty. I hate it too because I have never wanted to be one of those moms. At least I don't yell in public- even if I feel like it sometimes. My kids can be naughty...
8~ I get infuriated when I hear about an adult hurting a child. I believe all pedophiles and child abusers should be castrated and then hanged- in that order. I don't know if that's very Christian of me or not, but this is confession time and that's my honest feeling on it. I don't take child abuse lightly...it's robbing children of their beautiful innocence! Nobody has that right!
9~ I have picked my nose before...everybody has...some just don't admit to it.
10~ Sometimes I'm not a very supportive wife when it comes to my husband's business. I get in a funk and then he gets the brunt of my outrages. Poor guy...and he works so hard too. 98% of the time I am supportive of him though. He's a wonderful worker and I'm proud to be his wife!
11~ I crave and miss my husband when he's gone- I'm very co-dependent. I'm afraid I'm not a very independent woman. I'd have a hard time ever being alone. Kudos to all you single mothers out there!
12~ Sometimes I don't enjoy homeschooling Jonathan and wish I could just send him to school. It'd be so much easier! In all honesty- I do it for my husband. My main problem is that I detest school. I keep praying I'll grow to love teaching my children...'cause we will probably homeschool on through high school.
13~ I have a hard time be-friending people. I'm shy and get easily intimidated by people. I read into things way too much and just assume allot of people don't like me. I know it's stupid...but I never want to be a 'pest' to anyone.
That's all for now...I gotta run 'cause I have to send an e-mail for my dear husband. Yay...