Monday, June 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


I hope you all a great weekend! We did. Saturday night we got to spend time with some of our good friends from church. Tim pretty much invited us over to their house- he's not bashful. I promise, Kari, we'll have you over to our house next time (of course you know, you don't need an invite). =) I brought supper over -Italian beef, chips and dessert. Luckily it turned out yummy. I'll include the recipe for the Italian beef I make at the end of this post. It was pretty much created it by trial and error. It's super easy and it's so good! Also Saturday morning Tim got another call about a job. He has an interview tomorrow. Please keep praying everything will go well. We are in need of an answer. I have this feeling that something is going to happen soon. Like always- I'll keep you updated. Well, I guess I'll post my menu for this week. I hope you all have a wonderful, productive week!

Monday~ Lean pockets for me and Mac N' Cheese for the kids (Tim will be gone).

Tuesday~ Steaks on the grill, sweet potato fries and steamed veggie

Wednesday~ Dad's ham and potatoes and a veggie- this is an old favorite of mine. It used to be my dads favorite dish. I always think of him when I make it.

Thursday~ Fish, rice and veggie (gotta get those omega 3's in)

Friday~ Chicken and rice

Saturday~ Burgers on the grill, sweet potato fries and veggie

Sunday~ Meatballs (in the crockpot), rice and veggie


Italian Beef

2 lb beef roast ( I think I used chuck)
1 cup chicken broth
1 packet Italian dressing mix
1-2 chicken boullion cube (s)
(I used 2 roasts and used double the additional ingredients )
Put roast (s) in slow cooker along with chicken broth and cook on low for 6 to eight hours (depends on your slow cooker). Take roast out and shred (removing fat)- leaving liquid in slow cooker. Put shredded beef back into the slow cooker and add Italian seasoning and bouillon. Cook on low for another hour or two. Serve on buns with mozzarella cheese. I also like to eat mine with banana peppers....YUM! Enjoy!

1 comment:

*MichiganMomma* said...

Somehow, I got out of the habit of making up our weekly menu ~ and because of that, we end up eating out a WHOLE lot more. I think I'll go make up this week's menu.

Thanks for the reminder!!
~Lori

p.s. Is Cassandra okay? I can't get to her page anymore....just checking. I know she was super busy, so maybe she just stopped blogging...