Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I have been absent...

...for good reason! Tim and I have been preparing for and planning a big camping trip for this weekend. We leave early Thursday morning to head up into the Wisconsin hills for an enjoyable (hopefully!) 4th of July weekend. We bought Tim a bike, Jonathan a tandem bike (a 'bike' that hooks to an adult bike), and a bike rack. We bought the two older boys camo sleeping bags, crocks for all (we wear them in the showers) and other misc. camping 'stuff'. It's been an expensive day! We are looking forward to finally being able to hit the trails with our bikes as a whole family- so much fun! We are meeting my mom, step dad and baby sister up there. They brought bikes too- except my step father. I'm bringing my camera and am going to take loads of pictures. I'll try to share them with you next week. Also...I've been sewing like a maniac! Besides the diapers I've been working on, I made two skirts Saturday, one wool soaker yesterday and two pairs of plaid shorts tonight. It feels so good to be behind my sewing machine again! I need to get pictures taken of me with my new skirts and shorts on so you can see what I've been working on. I love being able to wear something unique and unlike anything anyone else has! Well, I gotta run- it's late (well, kind of...it probably feels later than it really is...), and I should get ready for bed. We've got a busy day ahead of us tomorrow! Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! I'll be back next week!

7 comments:

4 Little Men & Twins said...

fun fun... have a great trip

brittany

Brittany said...

have a wonderful and relaxing trip!!

AmyK said...

A camping trip sounds like loads of fun for 4th of July weekend. Hope you have a great trip!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Sounds like a fun and enjoyable weekend...wishing you good weather and a safe trip!

a joyful nusiance said...

Oh!! I hope you have a great vaca. Enjoy being with your family!!

Lisa (Morning Rose) said...

Have a great 4th of July weekend! Look forward to seeing your pics.

kathy said...

I stumbled upon your blog. Love'en it!

My boys still can't influence me to like camping, but I bet you'll have a great time!

Many blessings!