Sunday, July 27, 2008

Look who turned SIX!

That's right my eldest turned SIX today! He's been talking about it for weeks now! He wanted these 4 things:
  1. A chocolate cake with strawberries.
  2. A helicopter.
  3. Soldier guys
  4. A four wheeler with a controller.
He got everything he wished for! We woke up this morning and didn't make it to Sunday school (we went to the morning service though) because we celebrated Jonathan's birthday instead. We had cake for breakfast, opened presents and then changed and went to church. For lunch we went to McDonald's playland. I think he is a very happy six year old! Wow how time flies! Jonathan is an amazing little man and we (Tim and I) are truly blessed to call him our son. You can read about Jonathan's birth story here. Needless to say, six years ago today I was VERY sore.

~Six years ago today. Jonathan and I were both beyond tired and sore. We were both very beat up- it had been a long two days! In the end it was all worth it and I'd do it all over again if I had to in order to have my Jonathan. (Yes, I look like death warmed over- read his birth story. You'll understand why!)
~Jonathan today! What a handsome boy he's become!
HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY JONATHAN!!!!

6 comments:

4 Little Men and Twins said...

happy birthday big guy!

and wow that is quite a birth story. My 1st was 9.5 and all of our boys have gotten stuck on my pelvic bone (the worst pain EVER). I can not believe yours broke. Holy Cow!

So did you deliver your other 2 at home or in the hospital?

brittany

Brittany said...

Wow! What a handsome little man he is becoming! Happy Birthday!!!

Lisa (Morning Rose) said...

Happy 6th Birthday to your oldest! I think you look beautiful in the photo.

The Army of Allmans said...

It is so hard seeing the oldest ones get bigger and bigger...glad yall had a good day and he had a happy birthday...it is funny how boys get zero'ed in on exactly what they want for thier day!

Kristi said...

Wow...what a horrible experience. I was writhing around in pain just reading it. Although I had an easy delivery with my number two, we also had the experience of delivering a baby that was not breathing and an apgar of 2. What was probably less than a minute felt like an eternity.

Happy birthday to your birthday boy.

Kila said...

Six is a wonderful age! Happy Birthday!