Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh NO he didn't?!

Oh YES, he did! My dear eldest son took the scissors to his unsuspecting younger brothers yesterday (supposedly while I was baking cookies)! I was playing with Noah's hair (like I do so often because I've always loved my boys thick hair)- when I noticed something wasn't quite right. The first thought that went through my mind was, "I know I didn't do that poorly at cutting their hair last week, did I?!". Then it hit me- like a ton of bricks....JONATHAN...it had to be JONATHAN!!!! So I asked him, "Jonathan you didn't cut your brother's hair did you? Please, please tell me you didn't!" He looked at me sheepishly, hesitant to answer. I knew the answer even before Austin piped in with, "Yes, and he cut mine too!". Nu-uh...you gotta be kidding me! Sure enough Austin also had about ten sporadically spaced bald spots on his head too. So, what did I do? I got the clippers out and went to town- the whole time trying not to kill our firstborn and trying to keep my lunch down! For some reason the thought of shaving off my boys' thick hair made my stomach turn, but it had to be done- they looked like they had mange! I also shaved Jonathan's hair off- I thought it'd teach him a lesson. Turns out he loves his new 'do'. Grrr...anywho, they still have 'bald' spots but if I'd go any closer to their skin it'd look like I have three little cancer patients. So, alas, bald spots they'll have to have...and I know, hair does grow back...sigh...oh, and remind to put the scissors up out of reach from little fingers!

Please, don't laugh too hard...

Okay...people, it's really, not that funny!
Really, it's not!

13 comments:

AmyK said...

Oh my goodness! It's posts like these that give me little tips for when we've got more than one kiddo running around! Scissors will then be out of reach! I don't think they look too bad...

*MichiganMomma* said...

ROTFL!!

*I think that's the first time I ever typed that! But it's SO true*

They don't look bad at all ~ pretty cute, actually! It's just imagining the culprit actually LIKING his new do (kinda defeats the "punisment" aspect, eh??).

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.....
~Lori

Kristi said...

I had to shave my Noah's head a year and a half ago because of a bad haircut from a STYLIST. It killed me at the time but it ended up kind of cute and the pictures are fun to look back on now. I thought cutting hair was a rite of passage for girls, not boys. I better keep the scissors put away.

jesnicole said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS. AND YES, THEY DO ALL LOOK CUTE!!! HAVE FUN WATCHING THEIR CUTE LIL' BALDS HEADS RUNNIN' AROUND! :)

Grandma said...

I'm sorry, Sarah, but I absolutely love the way they look. (You know how I like my men bald.) Nice and cool for the summer, too.
I can't wait to see them in person.( I do miss you guys). Love you!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

My nine year old--has the long shaggy hair doo that is so popular among tween and teen boys. Anyway, he was napping on a couch and then woke up and came to dinner. As we sat at dinner...I thought his bangs looked a little funny...I asked him "Did you cut your hair Justin?" He said "No, why?" I explained that his bangs looked like some one hacked them with scissors.....

He immediately SLAPPED himself on the forehead and screamed "Timmy!" He then ran to the bathroom to look at himself and explained that he had woke up from his nap and Timmy(his 5 yearold brother) was standing their laughing with a pair of scissors in his hand!

After nearly falling on the floor in laughter...I asked Timmy if he cut his brother's hair...he said "Yes" Our whole family got a big chuckle and Timmy was punished with some extra chore duty..but boy what a laugh we got out of his chopped off bangs.

However, no way in a million years would he have me do what you did--he was fine with letting it slowly grow out. Ahhh the memories!

Lisa (Morning Rose) said...

Wow, that's short! :) Our oldest did some hair cutting (on his own hair) with a scissors when he was around 3. After both our boys' hair started getting really thick, we decided to use the clippers and keep it short. I think boys look nice with short hair, especially in the summer.

Brittany said...

Oh dear!!!!!!

I have to say...they are still SUPER cute! :)

I think I am going to go lock my scissors in a safe, however. I don't trust Adam. haha.

Muthering Heights said...

Oh no! It makes for a great story though!

Tiff said...

LOL poor mom! Somone in my family took a pair of scissors to my three year old's bangs the other day. There is a big chunk of hair missing. And no one will own up to it. HMMMM Maybe i should threaten them with shaved heads. LOL!

Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I can understand how you love your boys hair long! They sure look cute to me with their shaved heads! But then I've been shaving Judah's hair since before he was 1 :)

I keep my scissors on the highest shelf... I have always been afraid of what would happen if they were reachable!

-Andrea

SUNSHINE MOM said...

I found your site from 4little men. I will be back to visit. I have 3 boys too. What a blessing!

Beth@Sportsmomma said...

My brother did the same thing to me when I was little. Just had enough hair to put into a bow on my head- and guess what- she was baking cookies for us too!

BTW both my boys have shaved heads- it's great for summer!! And it'll grow back out!!!

Sometimes I wish I could just save all my hair off!! LOL