Sunday, July 12, 2009

The dress.

Someone had asked to see a picture of the top/front part of the dress (which is still available!) I had pictured on the previous post. (Click the picture to enlarge) She also asked if I did custom orders. So, in answer to her question- yes, I do. In fact, I would LOVE to! I can do adult clothing too but it gets a little more time consuming and can I say, stressful? Mainly because I'd have to worry about it fitting properly. For example, I made myself an adorable dress for Grant's dedication. It was too big. I went by the pattern's measurements but it still ended up a little too big (mostly in the chest and shoulders). I wore it anyway and received multiple compliments but I just wasn't comfortable in it. I can always take it in but just haven't gotten around to it. I really need a dress form! Would make life a little bit easier. Well, my sewing life that it. ;-) Anyway, here's a couple more pictures of the dress. =)



Front and top part of the dress.



This is the back view of the dress. The bodice is lined, the straps are adjustable,their is a two-button closure (even though I think one is adequate and that might be what I do next) and all the seams are serged.





3 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

I hope I can learn to make lovely things like that someday...

Kathy - mom of many said...

How much are the dresses? I don't see a link to your Etsy.
Kathy

jesnicole said...

Cute, cute, cute. You're really good at what you do! :)